OUR STORY & VISION
Grace Lutheran Church had its beginnings 75 years ago in June 1933 when the congregation was formally organized. Seeds of faith were planted years before that sprouted a congregation that to this day boldly proclaims the love of Jesus Christ.
At this same time Grace members had a strong desire to start a Christian Day School. After 16 years, in June 1949, the congregation resolved to establish a Christian Day School; and 30 years later a Christian Day School was built. In the fall of 1963 classes began with 71 children.
Grace School was yet another way to share, teach, and proclaim the Gospel. In 2008 Grace Lutheran Church celebrated 75 years of sharing Christ; and Grace School, with almost 250 children enrolled, celebrated 45 years of teaching and sharing the Gospel message.
At the end of 2011 we completed construction on our new church located on Highway Q. This new location is the site of our Sanctuary, Offices and Commons. Future plans include completing construction of the second floor Sunday School and Youth Rooms as well as building a new school at this location.
Today and every day the ministry of Grace Lutheran School offers a mighty thanks to our God for His blessings upon our school; and a thanks to our entire congregation for its support in this outreach ministry. For without our God and without the support of our Grace congregation, this ministry of Christ could not exist.
For an in-depth look at our history view our History Book